Mailing Lists Rules
IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle and you try sending 120 or 500 emails, the server will try sending all 120 or 500 in 1 second which is not possible on our shared servers. This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. Any mailing list over 500 email addresses in economical shared plans, 1500 email addresses in shared business hosting plans are only allowed to send mails during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 12AM - 8AM Indian Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
3. The list must be a Double Opt-In list. This means a user has subscribed for a newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own. Confirmation is usually done by responding to a notification/confirmation email sent to the email address the end user specified. The double opt-in method eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody submits someone else's email address without their knowledge and against their will. You will not be permitted to mail any mailing list that you were given or purchased. In doing so, this will also be considered spamming and may result in termination of the offending account.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension or termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
5. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by Government Authorities and law such as CAN SPAM. Guide lines can be found at:
6. No direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this would be a Darkmailer or The Bat!. Any mail should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
There is a limit of 60 logins/hour for POP3/IMAP mail check. When you reach this limit your internet connection IP will be temporarily blocked for rest of the period to complete the 1 hour period. 4 such temporary block will result in permanet block of IP address. A good practice is to limit the mail checking frequency to every 5 minutes.
Any mailing list larger than 1000 upto 5000 addresses will require a business shared hosting account solution from us. If your mailing list is above 5000 addresses you need to use an appropriate vps hosting plan or dedicated server from us. Note: Dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
There is also a limit to the number of Mailman mailing lists permitted depending on hosting plan (NOTE: This does not apply to other mailing list programs such as PHPList. This only applies to Mailman.)
Copyright © 2007-2012 Cyberhost.in All rights reserved | Cyberhost.in | Sitemap